The National Health Service, and the SHOW team are committed
to making information available on the web to everyone in Scotland regardless of
web browsers used or physical characteristics of users. We will deliver on this
commitment by devoting the time and resources necessary to ensure that all users
can access the services we deliver. We will address the needs of people with
disabilities in the work undertaken by the SHOW team at all stages of
development. We have established and will regularly review our
guidelines for accessibility (PDF - 391K) and will make them publicly
available. We will endeavour to ensure that they are fully implemented both by
ourselves and by the external agencies we deal with. We actively seek feedback on the accessibility of this site please contact
us via our comments section.
To aid those using a screen reader or a talking browser or any user agents that support access keys, quick access to the main navigation links are provided via the keyboard using keys based on the the UK Government Access Keys system.
These access keys provide a quick way to navigate round the site without using a mouse.
1. Hold down
- 'Alt' key if using Internet Explorer or Safari for Windows
- 'Alt' + 'Shift' keys if using Mozilla Firefox
- 'Shift' + 'Esc' if using Opera. This will display a separate window of accessibility shortcuts.
2. and simultaneously select a key from the list below
3. then press 'Enter' if using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox for Windows PC - other browsers go to the page immediately
1 - Home page
2 - About SHOW
3 - Site map
4 - Introduction
5 - Organisations
6 - Help
7 - Publications
8 - Terms and conditions
9 - Feedback form
0 - Access key details
E - Events
I - Information
N - Find Nearest (GP/Dentist locator)
S - Sites